This class is the basic safety course required to get your New York Pistol Permit in most counties. You will learn safety, nomenclature, the attitude, and skills necessary to handle your firearm safely, the fundamentals of shooting, information to help purchase your first pistol, firearm security, and more.
* Not valid in Schoharie, Saratoga, or Columbia counties
This permit allows Non-Residents of Utah to be able to carry a concealed Handgun in over 31 states. This is the ideal permit to have if you travel to different states.
This is NOT a live fire course and a handgun permit is not required to apply for the Utah Non-Resident permit. If you have your New York permit, applications for New Hampshire and Pennsylvania will be provided as well.
All Inclusive Course:
- 4 Hour Mandatory Utah Training class
- NY permit NOT required*
- All Course materials and UT application included
- Passport photo and finger printing included
- Copy of your photo ID included
- Review of your completed application
- Pre-addressed mailing envelope included
What to Bring to Class:
- Valid Driver License
- BLACK pen
* Utah’s Permit does NOT allow you to carry in New York State. You must have a valid New York Pistol Permit to possess a pistol in NYS.
** The course fee covers instruction, passport photo & finger printing. Utah application fee is NOT included.